Friday, August 31, 2012

I just got the last 2 years of our blog published into a book and was very convicted as to how thin the book was compared to the 2 years before that.  So I am so sorry I have been so bad at publishing lately.  We had a really busy May and all of the pictures were on my phone that did not transfer to my memory card but got stuck on my sim card.  So I have had to build up pictures and try to find some time to squeeze in blog time.  I am going to try to be better this month at posting.  Now I have to try to some up a lot of lost time, so here goes.

We have had a fun summer of visiting Tadd's family.  We spent a week with them in Levenworth to celebrate Tadd's Parents 50th wedding anniversary.  The kids had lots of fun playing in and outside the shops, as well as hanging out with cousins.


Annecy saved her money and bought a straightner hot enough to straighten her hair.  She loved it until she realized you have to get up and do it every morning.  It was really cute while it lasted though.
The kids have also been having fun serving with the chruch once a month at the local food bank in town. They do such a great job and we love having them help out.

 Kenya got made it for the play "Annie" this summer.  She had so much fun and did a great job as a homeless New Yorker and a Hooverite.  The only problem was the 2 weeks the play showed it was 104-107 degrees and the play was held in an old theatre with no air conditioning.  So for 7 performances she went on stage with make up melting and sweat pouring, but never missed a line or lost her smile...except here of course.  Great Job Kenya!

Our bunnies also had babies this summer and the kids have so much fun with them.  Their favorite thing to do is hold them cupped in their hands until they fall asleep (which takes all of about 20 seconds) then the take one hand off and say, " look, it's a dead bunny." Morbid I know, but they love it.


We got a chance to go to the Yakima Bears Baseball Game with Elijah's cubscout pack.  All of the girls got free Breast Cancer Bears T-shirts.  We had lots of fun even though thye lost!
We are getting geared up to start the school year and go on our family vacation in October.  So we will have lots of stuff to post and so stay tuned.

No comments: