Thursday, February 04, 2010

Can you buy brain cells?

We have been a family of 6 at home now for a week, I feel like I need four more hand, 1 more brain, some sort of energy potion and a brain cell donor. The kids are all adapting well, I know that becasue they are acting exactly like they have been together as brothers and sisters their whole life. I have never heard so many, "He's copying me, She looked at me, I said for him to stop and he didn't, I had that first, You said it was my turn....." do I need to go on, because I can fill the page. That said, I don't know if I have ever had such a bitter sweet relationship with all of these phrases. Even though they drive me nuts! They just remind me that our Annecy and Isaiah are finally home, it is not only a great reminder of what God has done over the last nine years, but of what he has promised for them and will complete in all of my kids.

We still covet your prayers (I know, you thought you were done after nine years of the same prayer) we just need the prayer modified a little bit. Even though the kids are adjusting well, I know they have got to still be overwelmed by all of the changes and getting used to new rules and routines, not to mention the culture shock and trying to find some securtiy after a crazy 3 weeks of ups and downs. Annecy cried herself to sleep in my arms last night, saying she was very scared of something, but couldn't articulate to me what it was. This may be left over Haiti traditions and religious cultures coming up, possibly the after effects of the earthquake or just a complete overwelming of all the events going on.

Isaiah is a typical pre-teen. He is very sweet and helpful, but if things don't turn out like he thinks they should he crawls under the sofa pillow and doesn't want to talk to anyone. Then after awhile, Mom or Dad come to try to steel kisses or wrestle, then a smile finally breaks out.

Kenya and Elijah have been real troopers. They have been loving the newness and fun of having their siblings home. They have had a lot of changes too, but overall have been really good about going with the flow.

We were so blessed at the Open House by all of the people that showed up to love on us. I felt like I could never get more than a Hi out by the time someone else showed up. We obviouly wish we had more time to talk to everyone, but were so blessed that we just got to see some of you. We were so blessed by all of those who made the whole thing happen, with out us even lifting a finger. Thanks for all you do and all the blessings you send our way.

Here is a video Kenya took of our house genre, it's very typical, Kenya taking pictures (she loves to do this) Annecy loves holding and loving babies, (she stole one, while someone was dropping off dinner) When we put time limits on Isaiah's movies and video games, he told us, "he was going to be a good dad when he grows up and will let his kids watch movies and play games all day and they can eat as much candy as they want." Apparently we have not arrived at the "good parent" stage yet.

1 comment:

Amy said...

J loves babies and video games. And he has a huge love affair with TV. He is still kind of figuring out the whole tv thing. We don't have cable or tivo or anything like that and he is just now, after 5 months home, understanding that you have to watch what is on, not just the show that you want and you can't pause it or fast forward it. Too funny. It's working well for us as a consequence. Poor choices = reduced or lost tv time.

He also cries with unspecified fears although he's much better now with 2 Tim. 1:7. He informed me that he used this verse to counteract fear early this morning. Good for him.

He also will "hide away" from us at times. Sometimes we go to him and try to help him, sometimes we let him work it out on his own. Sounds like your kids are pretty normal for older adopted kids.

Amy